Intern or recently licensed Designer needed!
[au]workshoparchitects+urbanists located in Fort Collins, Colorado, the 2015 AIA Colorado North Firm of the Year, is seeking a well-rounded Architectural Intern or recently licensed Designer to create awesome buildings with us. This position includes completing directed architectural assignments on large and small-scale urban projects. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to live and work in downtown Fort Collins, consistently rated one of the best towns in the US. Browse our website to learn more about [au]workshop.
- Perform site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements
- Working from the design and direction of others, compile data, and perform elementary design computations.
- Understand fundamentals of basic architectural and engineering systems
- Prepare detailed scale drawings of architectural designs and plans
- Create preliminary drawings and modify them as directed by the responsible architect to produce final plans.
- Display working knowledge of building codes and other regulatory requirements
- Perform graphics and computer tasks according to company standards
- Develop detail sketches generated by project leaders
- Research manufacturers’ materials and systems
- Develop and produce parts of the Construction Documents;
- Coordinate with consultants, such as model builders and engineers
- Provide support to other architects, interior designers, planners
- Perform duties assigned using a wide range of professional software products such as Revit, 3DS Max, Sketch Up, Rhino, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Physical model making skills a plus
- BS/BA Degree in Architecture (MArch preferred) no earlier than 2008
- 1-6 years of experience
- Licensure in process (AXP) or recently completed
- Ability to prepare hand and computer sketches and renderings
- Able to effectively work in a team oriented environment and communicate with the design team
- Large-scale international commercial project experience a plus
Submit Resume and portfolio to “email@example.com” Submissions without portfolio or link to same will not be considered.